It’s Buttery Delicious!
This Buttery Delicious Pressure Cooked Chicken dish is so good, you won’t believe you made it so quickly and easily. First things first, in case you were wondering, this IS NOT Butter Chicken. I have never cooked actual Butter Chicken but it’s on my list of recipes to try. If you are looking for an Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe, I have heard rave reviews about this one at Twosleevers.com!
This simple recipe uses butter instead of oil to brown the vegetable and chicken. The butter combined with the wine, develops into a really delicious gravy to serve over potatoes or rice.
A Simple and Inexpensive Meal
Using BOGO chicken thighs and legs, this dish was really inexpensive. Four servings for about $2.50 total. Total people! That’s .63 cents per serving! Now I know I got this chicken buy one get one, but even if I’d paid full price it would have been $1.25 per serving. And to be fair, that’s just the chicken I’m talking about and not all the other ingredients.
But if you add the cost of some rice and vegetables, butter and spices, it might add up to $10 for the whole meal. That’s on the high side, because you probably already have all the spices, butter and some rice in the pantry. Anyway you look at it, it’s an economical, yet really easy and delicious entree.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! As always, please let me know if you have any questions or comments!!
- 6 pieces of bone in, skin on chicken (I used leg and thighs)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large clove garlic chopped fine
- 2 small onions chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine, sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 water or chicken broth
- Generously (to taste) salt and pepper the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and toss until all sides are coated
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute and let it heat up.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in the IP
- Add the garlic, onion and celery and saute until clear (about 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and soft.) Push vegetables to the side and add the chicken pieces to the IP.
- Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the wine or broth to the IP and mix well, scraping the bottom of the pan to get up all the tasty bits.
- Put the chicken and any vegetables you set aside back in the IP.
- Add 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth to the IP.
- Put the top on in locked position, close the steam valve and set the Instant Pot on the Poultry setting or manually set the pressure on normal, high at 25 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.