Crockpot Boston Butt Pulled Pork
This week, I found a beautiful Boston Butt roast at my local Publix store. It was a great price and I’d been wanting to try to use a rub on some meat cooked in the slowcooker so it was just perfect! I love Pulled Pork sandwiches, so I could not wait to have Crockpot Boston Butt Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
A mixture of Chili Powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper was “rubbed” all over a frozen roast. Yes, I cooked it from frozen. As you may remember, I sometimes cook my Rump Roasts from frozen, so I figured why not? Let’s see how it turns out! The Rump Roasts are always perfect so I had a good feeling that the Pork would be just as good. You can find my awesome Rump Roast recipe here.
And it was! Isn’t it gorgeous?
This pulled pulled pork recipe was moist, tender and made a perfect pulled pork sandwich! About 10 of them to be exact so I had leftovers!! That means I get to have it again. Yayyyyy!!
Oh and it cost a little over $13. That’s a pretty great deal for 10 pulled pork sandwiches, don’t you think?
- 4-4.5 pound Boston Butt Pork Roast
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Your favorite bottled Barbecue sauce
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and rub all over the roast. Place the roast in the crockpot with 1/2 cup water and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and shred with a fork, then add barbecue sauce to taste.