Homemade Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
If I had to choose a favorite Ice Cream flavor, I’d say Chocolate Chip that comes from the local Ice Cream parlor. It’s the perfect blend of shaved dark chocolate and cream. I’ve never found any other like it. My second favorite is my very own creation, Homemade Salted Caramel Pecan No Churn Ice Cream.
It’s creamy sweet, with a bit of salt and full of toasty, meaty pecan pieces. It was so easy to make and I even made it while we had grandbabies and their parents visiting. The kitchen was very full-just the way I like it! It pulled together in 5 minutes plus the time it took to freeze it and guess what? It tastes amazing!
If you love real cream, (the kind used to make the real deal, fresh, homemade whipped cream) then you’ll love this ice cream. The heavy cream is blended with rich, perfectly sweetened condensed milk until it’s thick and creamy smooth. A dash of vanilla and you’ve got a great base for chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, nuts, cherries, more whipped cream or fruit. Banana Split anyone?
This time though, I wanted to use some jarred salted caramel and pecans in my ice cream. I simply put all the ingredients into my food processor with the mixing attachment, blended for about 45 to 60 seconds until it formed soft peaks, then put it in a glass pan and froze it for a few hours. The family was in awe and could hardly wait for me to get the pictures done so they could dig in! And they weren’t disappointed. It was a huge hit.
I hope you love this as much as we did! Check out my Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream recipe for more deliciousness!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream-use the cartons of liquid cream, not pre-whipped cream
- 1 cup of regular whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup jarred salted caramel
- Optional Toppings: Whipped cream, Caramel, Chocolate sauce, nuts, sprinkles or other candies.
- Put all ingredients into a mixer or food processor and mix on high for 45-60 seconds.
- The cream will be thick with soft peaks.
- Put in a glass, metal or plastic container that can be put in the freezer.
- I used an 8 x 8 square glass pan.
- Place in freezer for about 3 hours or until frozen through.
- Serve with more of the salted caramel, some whipped cream, toasted pecans or any of your favorite toppings.