This Is The Best Meatloaf!
Y’all I’m having so much fun with the new Instant Pot I got for Christmas. This mystical, magical kitchen appliance has me thinking up all kinds of new recipes and I can’t wait to try them out. So far, Instant Pot Pressure Cooked Meatloaf with Mushroom and Onion Gravy is my favorite! It’s full of so much mouthwatering flavor that you will be happy to eat it again for lunch the next day!
For the meatloaf, you will add the eggs, bread crumbs and seasonings and mix it up really well. Then drain a can of stewed tomatoes and add them to the meat. Using your hands crush the tomatoes into the meat until they are well incorporated. You can still see some of the tomatoes in the meatloaf and that’s fine. Set it aside and turn the Instant Pot on Sauté.
Next sauté the heck out of some onions and mushrooms getting them all nice and brown, then add a can of beef consommé. That’s the gravy, simple and delicious. And all cooked in one pot! WooHoo! I’m so amazed at this Instant Pot. Can you tell?
Next put the Meatloaf into the pot of gravy and set it at High Pressure, normal for 30 minutes. Cover it and let the Amazing Instant Pot do it’s thing!
Once it’s done, remove the meatloaf from the Instant Pot, and whisk 1 tbsp. flour into the gravy, stirring well until all the lumps are gone. The gravy is perfect over some creamy mashed potatoes!
This was by far the best meatloaf I’ve ever made and in fact the best one I’ve ever had period. My family agreed. It was wonderful the next day for leftovers. What’s better than a cold meatloaf sandwich?
I hope you enjoy my new recipe “Instant Pot Pressure Cooked Meatloaf with Mushroom and Onion Gravy!”
Instructions for cooking if you don't have an Instant Pot yet. Prepare the meatloaf per instructions and place it into a baking pan. In a skillet on the stove top, saute the onions and mushrooms and then stir in the beef Consomme. Pour the gravy over the meatloaf, cover with foil and bake at 350-375 for 45 minutes to an hour or until cooked thoroughly. Cooking time will vary depending on your oven so check at 30 minutes and then 15 minute increments to see if it has cooked all the way through.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes drained
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can Campbell's Beef Consommé
- 1 tbsp. flour to thicken gravy after the meatloaf is done
- In a large bowl, add the beaten eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried onion and parsley and mix well.
- Add the ground meat to this mixture, mixing until well incorporated
- Pour the drained tomatoes to the meat mixture and using your hands, mix well crushing the tomatoes into the meat mixture.
- Set meatloaf aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on sauté.
- Add 2 tbsp. vegetable oil to the pot and let it heat.
- Next add the onions and mushrooms and cook them until they are golden brown.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and stir in the Beef Consomme to the onions and garlic
- Next, put the meatloaf in the Instant Pot in the mushroom/onion gravy.
- Cover the Instant Pot, turning the valve to the Pressure Cook setting.
- Set the Pressure Cooker on "high pressure-normal" for 30 minutes.
- After cooking and the pressure has released, remove the meatloaf from the pot and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of flour to the gravy in the pot, mixing well and quickly with a whisk until all the lumps are gone.