(This post contains affiliate links-I will make a commission
I’ve fallen in love…
With Low Carb Pasta and Vegetable Alfredo that is more delicious than I could have ever imagined!!! It’s so perfect, al dente, and did I say perfect?
Who knew that this even existed? Oh, I’ve tried the low carb versions at the grocery store, the miracle noodles, the whole wheat varieties, but nothing ever compared to my first love. True Blue Real Pasta. Until now.
I found out about this pasta from a fellow blogger who posted an Instant Pot Recipe on Facebook. It was a yummy chicken and noodle dish, pure comfort food. The recipe called for these little egg noodles, called Carbo Nada. You can find that recipe and more on her website my30pointlife.com.
Low Carb Pasta and Vegetable Alfredo
The first time I used Carbo Nado Fettuccine noodles, I just did a simple butter and olive oil with some salt and fresh Parmesan and it was delicious.There aren’t many pasta (or any for that matter) dishes that I don’t like, but yesterday, I made a dish that was so good that I knew I had to share it with you.
If you’ve followed me, you know that I like to cook using what I’ve already got around the house and try to stay out of the store as much as possible.
Am I always that disciplined? No, but I try. So anyway, I had some fresh baby spinach, onions, baby salad peppers and garlic. I just sauteed that all up and added the pasta, some half and half and a little Parmesan cheese and had one of the most delicious dinners EVER. And it was not loaded with carbs that would turn my fat into more fat or raise my blood sugar unnaturally. And to top it off, each serving of the pasta, has 15 grams of protein!
This dish is similar to some of my other pasta recipes, like my Fettuccine Alfredo or Bowtie Pasta Primavera. You can use those recipes and just replace the regular pasta with the carbo nada pasta, to make them low carb as well! This just makes me so excited, and I can’t wait to show you some more recipes I plan to create with this great pasta!
I hope you enjoy this one and would love to hear how you like it when you try it!!
- 2 cups Carbo Nado Fettuccine Egg Noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 to 1 small chopped onion
- 3-6 small salad peppers, diced, chopped or sliced (whatever you want!)
- 1/2 bag to a full bag of fresh baby spinach. It will seem like a lot but it will shrink to nothing, so the more you add the better if you like spinach.
- 1/2 cup half and half-You might need about 1/2 cup more to add at the end if you want a creamier pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano or a blend of these cheeses-you will want to have another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cheese to the side so you can add it to the sauce when/if you add more half/half and to sprinkle on top when serving
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil water and then cook pasta to package directions, about 3 minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onions, garlic, peppers and spinach until soft.
- When noodles are done, drain almost all of the water out, but reserve about 1/2 cup of the water.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pasta water and the noodles into the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- On low heat, add the half and half and 1/4 cup of cheese and stir until creamy.
- If pasta seems too dry or if you like a creamier version, begin adding the additional pasta water , half and half and cheese until you get it to your desired consistency.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and red pepper flakes.