Quick and Easy Deconstructed Cannoli Pistachio Parfait – Love Cannolis but they kinda intimidate you? Make these parfaits using waffle cones and layered cream with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and pistachios for a yummy dessert!!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good dessert Cannoli. They are just sweet enough to be dessert but not so sweet that I can’t eat them. The problem is that making them homemade is not an easy task unless you are lucky enough to find some pre-made shells, which are really hard to find. So the last time I was craving a cannoli, I came up with this Quick and Easy Deconstructed Cannoli Pistachio Parfait.
This little gem of a recipe layers perfectly so you can dig in with a spoon and enjoy! I used store bought waffle cones in place of the shells and they worked great!
My Biggest Tip
I made a mistake and made a few of these ahead of time and the cone pieces got really soggy. Don’t be like me. You’re going to want to put these together right before you serve them so the cone pieces stay crispy and delicious! I hope you enjoy!!
- This makes 4-8 parfaits depending on the size you prefer
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1 waffle cone per parfait
- Mini semi sweet chocolate chips (for topping)
- Pistachios (for topping)
- Mix the cheese, almond extract and powdered sugar until they are well blended.
- Break waffle cone into small pieces.
- Layer as follows:
- Waffle cone pieces
- cheese mixture
- sprinkle of pistachio's and chocolate chips